Create a Link in WordPress
How to create a Link in WordPress.
In WordPress specifically in post and page text editor makes it possible to add hyperlinks to other web pages from your content.
To add a link to external or internal pages or posts.
Adding Links in WordPress
1. From the WordPress post or page editor, select the text that you want be hyper-link (seo better to highlight text relevant to the page or post you are linking too)
2. Once you have that text selected, click the hyperlink button in the toolbar.
3. This bring up a box where you can enter the URL of your hyperlink content and a title to be displayed on hover. You can also click this checkbox to open the link in a new tab just below the link text information box.
4. If you’d rather link to existing content on your website, just click Or link to existing content. Now you’ll see a search bar to search your site and a list of existing posts or pages on your website. Clicking on one of the items in the list will change the hyperlink URL
5. Once you have your hyperlink URL ready to go, click the Add Link button.
Now your selected text will have the link once the link is published.
- To remove the link, select your text again and click the unlink button next to the hyperlink button.
- Now you’ll see that your link has been removed.